1. Paperclipping: Michael purchased a six month membership for me at Christmas and I am LOVING the tutorials! Noelle is a great instructor, and she has some great quick tips for making your design better. It came with a bonus video of how to make Holiday Altered Books for all of the Christmas Cards and Holiday Newsletters we get every year, but do not know what to do with. I’m looking forward to learning and playing a whole lot more.
If you are wondering what the whole world of scrapbooking and mixed media art is about, I encourage you to take an hour and listen to one of the Paperclipping Roundtable (PRT) episodes. They are a great resource for ideas and inspiration. For those of you who have no background in this artform you will appreciate the input and humor of their producer Izzy who is also not a scrapbooker.
2. Art Journaling: Another great part of Paperclipping is that it introduced me to the world of Art Journaling. For those of you who don’t know, Art Journaling is the creative way to keep a diary. I am loving the creative time I get to spend playing and simply expressing my feelings through art and words. Another great resource for Art Journaling is Julie Blazer. PRT also did an episode on it.
3. Big Picture Classes: If you are a person who enjoys creating art then you should look into some of the classes they offer here. I love Stacy Julian and the work she has done creating a forum where people can gather and take art, scrapbooking, wellness, and a whole host of other workshops and self-paced projects. I’ve enjoyed the experience that I have had taking classes here, and my art and scrapbooking have vastly improved! I’m really hoping to be able to enroll in the Library of Memories class this spring to take my organization to a whole new level of craziness…if anyone out there is looking for a birthday present for me **hint honey or family** I want two of these cabinets from Amazon to begin the photo organization process. Here’s hoping that they read my blog!
4. Outsourced: So I may have a special place in my heart for this show because Michael will be traveling to India for work this year, but this show is hilarious. It is far from politically correct, but I cannot stop laughing! If you have not had a chance to watch this show, you should try an episode!
5. Valentine’s Day: For those of you who are gagging because you cannot stand the “Hallmark Holiday” let me just say that I enjoy Valentine’s Day because of the creative opportunities it brings. Who knows, you may find a homemade valentine in your mailbox from me.
Have a Happy Friday everyone!